150 years 'Union Grand-Duc Adolphe' (UDGA)
The UGDA is the national music, folklore and theatre association of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. It was founded on 6 September 1863 under the name “Allgemeiner Luxemburger Musikverein” (“Luxembourg General Musical Society”). At the time, HRH Prince Henry of the Netherlands was the honorary chairman of the society. 28 years later, under the patronage of Grand Duke Adolphe, the society changed its name to “Adolfverband” (“Adolphe Association”). In 1946, the UGDA received its present name: “Union Grand-Duc Adolphe”.
With over 14,000 active members and 329 affiliated clubs, the UGDA plays a central role in the socio-cultural life of Luxembourg. The Union Grand-Duc Adolphe carries out the following functions at a national level:
- promoting youth projects in the areas of music, folklore and theatre.
- promoting the musical heritage of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and managing the documentation centre of the UGDA;
- organising events, competitions and national concerts.
The UGDA music school is also responsible for the organisation of music lessons in many of Luxembourg’s municipalities, in partnership with these and in cooperation with local musical societies. In addition, it stages national and international training courses and larger youth projects.
At an international level, the UGDA is active in the following areas:
- promoting international relations (press, foreign partners, European institutions, etc.);
- supporting its member societies in their activities abroad;
- promoting and implementing projects with foreign partners in Luxembourg and abroad;
- implementing the working phases of the “European Union Youth Wind Orchestra”.
|Price of the series:||3 x 0,60 = 1,80€|
|Layout:||Repères Communication (L)|
|Printing:||Multicolored high-resolution offset by bpost Stamps Production, Malines (B)|
|Dimensions:||27,66 x 40,20 mm, 10 stamps per sheet.|