Philharmonic Orchestra of Luxembourg
Since its founding in 1933, as the Radio Luxembourg (RTL) Orchestra, the OPL has played an important role in the musical life of the Grand Duchy.
For its nearly 75 years of existence, the six musical directors of OPL – Henri Pensis, Louis de Froment, Leopold Hager, David Shallon, Bramwell Tovey and, since 2006, Emmanuel Krivine – have given it a fl attering international reputation. Internationally renowned conductors and soloists have helped solidify its very good reputation. In residence at the Luxembourg Philharmony, the OPL organises there each year two prestigious series of concerts. The orchestra, made up of 98 musicians of 21 different nationalities, occasionally participates in operatic presentations at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg. Each season, OPL gives about 80 public concerts, one third of them in other countries.
The repertoire of the Orchestra extends from classical music to contemporary music. For the past 20 years, OPL has collaborated with the Cinémathèque at “Live Cinema”. Its soloist musicians also collaborate regularly in “Concerts Apéritifs”, a chamber music series organised by the “Amis de l’OPL”. The vast recordings of the OPL have earned more than 90 international awards.
|Price of the set||1,20 €|
|Drawings||Pit Wagner (L)|
|Printing||Multicolored high-resolution offset by CARTOR SECURITY PRINT S.A., La Loupe (F) ;|
|Dimensions||44 x 30,81 mm, 10 stamps per sheet.|