The altar Saint-Eloi in Rodange
In 1947, workers in the Chaudronnerie and Ateliers departments of the M.M.R. foundry decided to honour their patron, St. Eloi. To this end, a lime-wood statue of his likeness was placed on the altar of the chapel. The latter quickly turned out to be too small for the St. Eloi ceremony, so a new altar was built outside the chapel by the workers in their free time. In 1978, the Fonderie department ceased operations. In 1994, the Ateliers did the same. Today, even though it is little known, the altar bears witness to the industrial heritage of Luxembourg.
|Price of the series:||2,10 €|
|Photos:||Christian Mill, ONT, SI Rodange|
|Printing:||High-resolution offset with stochastic screen by Joh. Enschedé Stamps, Haarlem (NL)|
|Dimensions:||40.00 x 31.50 mm and 44 x 31 mm, 20 stamps per sheet|