125 years "Lycée Technique Agricole Ettelbrück"
In the middle of the 19th century, the first agricultural school was created in Echternach. It was only in 1880 that the agricultural school was integrated with the secondary school in Ettelbruck. Then, three years later, the State Agricultural School was founded in Ettelbruck. In 1927, a law was voted to create a new agricultural school on Salentiny Avenue. The school changed its name in 1971 to become the Institute of Agricultural Education. In 1979, this name was changed to Agricultural Technical School (LTA), which remains the present name of the school.
The current subjects at the LTA include horticultural and agricultural education, the training of mechanics for agricultural machinery and a section dedicated to the natural environment. At the present time, 630 students attend the Agricultural Technical School, whereas the building was originally intended for 150 to 200 students. All the more reason to establish a new agricultural school at Gilsdorf in the “Nordstad” region.
|Present price of the stamp||0,60 €|
|Layout||Advantage Communication, Luxembourg (L) ;|
|Printing||High-resolution offset by Joh. Enschéde Stamps, Haarlem (NL) ;|
|Dimensions||35 x 35 mm, 10 stamps per sheet.|