The casework of the Vianden organ, designed in the style of instruments found in Picardy in the same era, dates from 1793. Initially it was an organ with a single keyboard. In the 19th century, a pedal section was added. The present instrument is played by a console located between the main casework and the pedal stops behind, thus the organist hears the sound from the Grand and Positive section slightly indirectly. Fortunately, the original placement of the organ on the pillar of the platform could be located. In fact, it had been moved to another place on the platform during a renovation by Müller Brothers in 1904. In 1953 the organbuilder Georges Haupt (Lintgen) began the last expansion,adding several contemporary style stops. It was only because of the meticulous reconstruction according to the old style, that Georg Westenfelder could provide the church with an instrument whose sound resources are finally once again in perfect harmony with the superb casework and the exquiste acoustics.