The shoe factory of Kayl-Tétange
Built between 1912 and 1917, this factory produced mostly gaiters and work shoes before specialising in the steeltoed shoes required by numerous miners and workers in the iron & steel industry. The decline of iron & steel also affected the shoe factory. It closed its doors in 1966, became the property of a furniture merchant in 1973, then passed to the community which chose to transform and restore it for cultural goals. Now included in the supplemental inventory of our industrial architectural heritage, today the building houses several meeting halls located in the former assembly workshop, a theatre hall, as well as space for cultural organizations of the community.
|Price of the series:||2,10 €|
|Photos:||Christian Mill, ONT, SI Rodange|
|Printing:||High-resolution offset with stochastic screen by Joh. Enschedé Stamps, Haarlem (NL)|
|Dimensions:||40.00 x 31.50 mm and 44 x 31 mm, 20 stamps per sheet|