Luxembourg Gymnastics Federation (1899-1999)
The Union of Luxembourg Gymnastics Societies, consisting then of 12 clubs, was founded in Esch-sur-Alzette on 9th July 1899.
On 28th March 1998, the change of its name into the LUXEMBOURG GYMNASTICS FEDERATION took place with the agreement of the 60 affiliated societies during the general assembly which was held in Esch-sur-Alzette. This change was undertaken in order to make the federation better known within the country and in the world of gymnastics. The Federation is affiliated to the Olympic and Sporting Committee of Luxembourg as well as to the International Gymnastics Federation and the European Gymnastics Association.
Currently, the Federation has 7,000 licencees
|Face value:||80 LUF|
|Printing process:||photogravure by Hélio Courvoisier S.A., |
4/5 colours; fluorescent paper;
|Format:||35.96 x 28.00 mm; 50 stamps per sheet.|