The Grand Pipe Organs of the Grand Duchy III
This third collection of special postage stamps traces in sound and vision the History of some of the most beautiful pipe organs of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and is part of a special series which began in 2006.
The Junglinster instrument has a magnificent casework dating from 1783. Originally, this instrument seems to have been installed at the Marienthal Cloister; it was a two manual organ without pedals and had ten stops. In 1887, the manufacturer of the actual version, Charles Wetzel of Strasbourg, installed the organ at Junglinster. It was only in 1939 that it received a pedal with a stop of 16’, now making 14 stops available for the organist. This last upgrade was conducted by George Haupt of Lintgen.
|Price of the series:||3,10 + 0,50 = 3,60 €|
|Layout:||Advantage Communication S.A.|
|Printing:||Multicoloured high-resolution offset by CARTOR SECURITY PRINT SA, La Loupe (F)|
|Size:||40 x 31.5 mm, 10 stamps per sheet with decorated borders.|